Billing Requirements are parameters set forth by business owners to make sure that the invoices being submitted to them make sense in the context of their needs. Fexa is designed so unmet billing requirements make it so vendors cannot submit invoices until billing requirements are met. For example, a common business requirement is that an invoice submitted not exceed the Work Order's Not To Exceed dollar amount.
To View an Invoice's Billing Requirements
- Open an Invoice
- If Billing Requirements are unmet, a message informing you of this will display in red text, both at the invoice's top, and next to the "Billing Requirement" field.
- Between the "Invoice Number" and "Billing Requirement" fields, a blue information button will display. Click it.
- The modal that appears will describe your billing requirements, and which ones are met and unmet.
- Once the unmet billing requirements are resolved, the messages saying billing requirements are unmet will disappear, and you will be able to submit the invoice.
File Types and Uploading
Many Fexa customers, in addition to simple requirements like "Do Not Exceed NTE", require that a file of a specific type be uploaded to an invoice submitted in Fexa. For example, this file could be a PDF copy of a paper invoice for records-keeping, or anything similar. To meet these billing requirements, do the following:
- Determine what type of file is needed using the Information button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the upload button in the Documents section.
- In the modal that appears, browse your system and select the appropriate file to upload.
- In the "File Type" box, make sure to select the type of file that is needed as determined above. If this file type is set incorrectly, the Billing Requirement will not be met.
- Click "OK", the modal will disappear, and the billing requirement will be met.